IGBT Shortage in Electric Vehicles: What You Need to Know
The IGBT shortage (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors) in the Electric Vehicle Industry is due to several factors, including:
• The COVID-19 pandemic.
• The war in Ukraine.
• Increased demand for IGBTs from the automotive and renewable energy industries.
The automotive industry, Electric Vehicles are a major user of IGBTs, and the renewable energy industry is also increasing its demand for IGBTs, as these devices are used in inverters for solar and wind power systems. The IGBT shortage is expected to continue for some time, but it is not clear how long it will last. Some analysts believe that the shortage could last until 2024.
Here are some of the impacts of the IGBT shortage on the automotive industry:
The IGBT shortage has led to:
- Increased prices for EVs, as manufacturers must pass on the higher costs of IGBTs to consumers.
- Delays in EV production, as manufacturers must wait for IGBTs to become available.
How DEX Can Help
DEX offers special 12-month part sourcing discounts.
If you need parts-sourcing services, don't hesitate to reach out to DEX. Our services will help you find the exact parts you need without compromising quality and performance. We have an extensive network of qualified suppliers around the globe and leverage their expertise in hard-to-find parts and test them in-house.
When you partner with DEX for your testing needs you can be confident that your components:
- Meet your specified quality needs.
- Are functional to OEM specifications.
- Are authentic and non-counterfeit.
- Remarking and Resurfacing Inspection.
- X-Ray Inspection.
- Decapsulation Internal Analysis.
- Lead Evaluation.
- Parametric Testing.
- Boundary Scan (JTAG).
- Functional Testing.
Please visit our website or contact us to learn more about how we can help you.