Diodes are discrete semiconductor devices that conduct electricity in a fixed direction, allowing current to flow in one direction while restricting current flowing from the opposite direction. They are typically rated by type, voltage, and current capacity. They are an active component, similar to transistors and ICs.
From consumer electronics to communications, automotives to aerospace, diodes perform an array of critical functions. Boasting low power consumption, broad compatibility, a compact size, and a long operational lifespan, diodes are essential for:
- Voltage control
- Radio wave detection
- Current conversion
Whether you need high speed switching or high voltage switching, DEX has the high power diodes you need in a variety of mounting styles and configurations, including modules, stud, and puck, and in packages as small as 0201 (0.6 mm x 0.3 mm) for applications with space limitations. Other packaging options range from MELF, axial, and radial leaded to 4-line ESD protection arrays in packages that protect up to 14 lines.
Leveraging a global database of thousands of suppliers, DEX boasts an available inventory of diodes including:
- Bridge Rectifiers
- Current Regulator Diodes
- General Purpose, Power, Switching
- PIN Diodes
- Schottky Diodes & Rectifiers
- Variable capacitance (varicaps, varactors)
- Zener (arrays and single)
Top Industry Use Cases for Diodes
Diodes are essential components at every level in a broad range of industries, such as:
- Industrial electronics, as infrared detectors, LEDs, and emitters
- Defense and space industry, for low-voltage regulation and transient protection
- Transportation technology, for LED and traffic signal technology
- Telecommunications equipment, as limiters, gates, and clippers
- Consumer electronics, as electronic lighting and status indicators
- Computer and peripheral equipment, as logic gates and clampers
- Medical and biotechnology, for laser monitoring and control, position sensing, and photon, electron, and x-ray measurement
Source Your Diodes From DEX
Don’t let diode failure or obsolescence sideline your business operations. DEX can source, test, and deliver many diodes and other electronic components in as little as 8-12 weeks of a purchase order, even discontinued or hard-to-find parts, so you can keep moving forward with confidence.
At DEX, our rigorous testing procedures, world-class facilities, and best-in-class technicians ensure that the part you need is the part you get, authentic, fully functional, and ready to use. We can also help reduce your reliance on unpredictable supply chains by helping you build resilient solutions that withstand uncertainty, including lifecycle management, acquisition and procurement, and servicing and disposal.
Backed by more than 40 years of experience and top-tier training and certification, DEX is proud to offer the proven systems, products, and engineering core competencies that define exceptional service. DEX can also deliver competitive pricing for bulk buys and long-term partnerships, so call us today at 888-678-9208 to set your business up for success tomorrow.