Featured Thyristor Products
With similar characteristics to other discrete semiconductors like diodes and transistors, thyristors work to control electric power and current by acting as a switch. They are 4-layer devices with alternating P-type and N-type semiconductors and at least three terminals that can adequately protect circuits with large voltages and currents up to 6000 V and 45000 A. Commonly called Silicon Controlled Rectifiers (SCR), thyristors can also be used as rectifiers because they can switch quickly from a state of conduction to one of non-conduction.
With a worldwide network of suppliers, DEX can deliver almost any thyristor or related component, even hard-to-find and out-of-production items:
- SCRs (Modules). Modules incorporate two or more SCR devices in a single device package.
- SCRs. SCRs remain latched on even when the gate current is removed. They are ideal for unidirectional control applications like phase control, used in switching circuits, DC motor drives, inverting circuits, and AC/DC static switches
- TRIACs. TRIACS are ideal for alternating current. They provide control on both halves of the alternating waveform for a more efficient use of available power. They are generally used for low power application (inherent non-symmetrical construction) like light dimmers, speed controls for electric motors like electric fans, and computerized control circuits of household appliances
- Thyristor Surge Protection Devices - TSPD
Our thyristor sourcing capabilities include high current phase control and fast-switching models, as well as phase control and inverter grade thyristors with Tq switching speeds up to 10 usec, and unlike other suppliers, we can source, test, and deliver your critical components within weeks.*
*DEX can source, test, and deliver many electronic components in as little as 8-12 weeks of a Purchase Order.
Top Industry Use Cases for Thyristors
Thyristors have a low cost of maintenance and, under ideal conditions, can remain functional for a long time. This makes them valuable for essential functions in a wide range of industries, including:
- Consumer electronics
- Computer and peripheral equipment
- Transportation technology
- Telecommunications support
- Defense and space industry
- Industrial electronics
- Medical and biotechnology
Thyristors (or SCRs) are useful for applications requiring the control of high power, without or without high voltage. They are most commonly used for rectification of high-power AC in high-voltage DC power transmission.
Other common uses for thyristors include:
- Relay and phase control
- Special power supply for electronics and aircraft
- DC or AC breaker, converter, or inverter
- Regulating power supply
- Induction heating control
- Emergency lighting system
- Overvoltage protection
- Fire controls
- Motor controls
- Ultrasonic cleaning
- Mechanical switches
- Battery chargers
Source Your Thyristors From DEX
From best-in-class testing, rigorous authentication verification to world-class service and support, DEX helps you develop the reliable and resilient supply chain your business needs to operate with confidence now and in the future.
At DEX, we believe that not only should you be able to trust that the part you receive is the part you ordered, and that it works properly, but you should also be able to rely on your parts supplier to deliver exactly what you need, when you need it most. That’s why, even after 40+ years, we strive to be more than just a parts supplier–we are your partner for operational consistency and cost-effectiveness.
Contact us today about bulk purchases and for long-term partnerships.