Spartan Family of Chips Featured Products
Spartan/Spartan 6 Family of Chips
Field-programmable gate arrays, or FPGAs, are integrated circuits designed for after-market configuration by a designer or customer. Based on a matrix of configurable logic blocks (CLBs) connected by programmable interconnects, FPGAs can be reprogrammed to highly specific applications or functionality requirements, making them a more customizable and adaptable alternative to Application Specific Integrated Circuits (ASICs).
DEX is proud to test, source, and deliver components from the Spartan 6 family of FPGAs as part of our global supply network capabilities. Leveraging a global database of suppliers, DEX sources the FPGAs you need when you need it, often in as little as 8-12 weeks.*
*DEX can source, test, and deliver many electronic components in as little as 8-12 weeks of a Purchase Order.
Source Your Spartan 6 Semiconductors with DEX
The Spartan/Spartan 6 family of FPGAs are among the most cost-optimized in the industry for applications that demand the lowest possible cost. Available as LX or LXT models, Spartan-6 FPGAs boast expanded densities (from 3,840 to 147,443 logic cells, one of the highest I/O per logic cells) and half the power consumption of previous iterations (with core voltage options of 1.2V or 1.0V and zero power with hibernate power-down mode), as well as:
- Increased system performance (up to 8 low power 3.2Gb/s serial transceivers and 800 Mb/s DDR3 with integrated memory controllers)
- 4.8Mb memory
- Faster, more comprehensive connectivity
- Programmable system integration, including over 40 I/O standards for a simplified system design and PCI Express with an integrated endpoint block
- Accelerated design productivity, including a fast design closure using integrated wizards and a no-cost front-to-back FPGA design solution for Linus and Windows
Don’t trust your Spartan 6 semiconductor needs to unreliable supply chains or unexpected obstacles with OEMs. For more than four decades, DEX has been delivering the semiconductors and electronic components businesses need to keep moving, including those that are hard to find or out of production, all backed by best-in-class testing and exceptional customer support. Our rigorous testing procedures and international database of manufacturers and suppliers ensure you receive exactly the part you ordered, verified for authenticity, performance, and functionality.
Top Industry Use Cases for Spartan/Spartan 6 Semiconductor Chips
Spartan products are ideal for bridging applications found in consumer sectors, automotive infotainment, and industrial automation, including vehicle networking and connectivity and high-resolution video and graphics. They’re found across a range of industries including:
- Medical and biotechnology, for diagnostic, monitoring, and therapy applications
- Defense and space, for image processing and waveform generation
- Transportation technology, as solutions for gateway and driver assistance systems, comfort, and convenience as well as in-vehicle infotainment
- Consumer electronics, for enabling next-gen, full-featured consumer applications in digital displays, home networking, and information appliances
- Telecommunications support, for connectivity, programming, and networking solutions for both wired and wireless communication
- Computer and peripheral equipment, for high-performance computing and data storage
- Industrial electronics, to improve time-to-market and reduce overall non-recurring engineering costs for everything from automation to imaging and surveillance