The Future of Solar Energy: How IGBTs Are Making It Possible
The IGBT shortage (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors) has led to a demand for IGBTs from the solar energy industries.
The solar energy industry is a major user of IGBTs and is increasing its demand for IGBTs, as these devices are used in inverters for solar and wind power systems. The IGBT shortage is expected to continue for some time, but it is not clear how long it will last. Some analysts believe that the shortage could last into 2024.
Here are some of the impacts of the IGBT shortage on the solar energy industry:
The IGBT shortage has led to:
- Increased prices for solar inverters: Solar inverters are devices that convert the direct current (DC) output of solar panels into alternating current (AC) that can be used by homes and businesses. IGBTs are a key component of solar inverters, so the IGBT shortage has led to increased prices for solar inverters.
- Delays in solar project deployments: The IGBT shortage has also led to delays in solar project deployments. This is because solar developers need to wait for IGBTs to become available before they can deploy their projects.
- Reduced solar energy output: The IGBT shortage could lead to reduced solar energy output. This is because some solar projects may not be able to be deployed or may have to operate at reduced capacity due to the lack of IGBTs.
How DEX Can Help
DEX offers special 12-month part sourcing discounts.
If you need parts-sourcing services, don't hesitate to reach out to DEX. Our services will help you find the exact parts you need without compromising quality and performance. We have an extensive network of qualified suppliers around the globe and leverage their expertise in hard-to-find parts and test them in-house.
When you partner with DEX for your testing needs you can be confident that your components:
- Meet your specified quality needs
- Are functional to OEM specifications
- Are authentic and non-counterfeit
- Remarking and Resurfacing Inspection
- X-Ray Inspection
- Decapsulation Internal Analysis
- Lead Evaluation
- Parametric Testing
- Boundary Scan (JTAG)
- Functional Testing
Please visit our website or contact us to learn more about how we can help you.